Skin Hair and Nails1 Comment

default thumbnail

i have extra skin growth (like wart) round the anus. How to cure. It does not itch but keep growing.I Pluck it everytime using my fingures, but it grows back. How to cure it permanently. What are the medicines available?

1 Comment on this article

  • Dr. Chris February 6, 2011

    You need to see a doctor an should not be removing this on your own. Anal warts may arise for a number of reasons, including sexually transmitted infections. This needs to be diagnosed and the appropriate medicine prescribed. If this is not done the warts can keep recurring for months or years.

    Another factor to consider here is whether these are skin tags seen with certain conditions like anal fissures. Once again, a doctor needs to examine the area and make a diagnosis.

    Plucking it in the manner you describe is dangerous. It can lead to an infection, abscess or even fistula (canal between your skin and rectum) over time. This part of your body is teeming with bacteria and an infection can easily arise once the skin is broken.

    There is no way of prescribing any medicine without knowing the exact cause. Your doctor will be able to advise you further.

    You may find information in these articles :


Add a comment