Tests and Diagnosis1 Comment

default thumbnail

I was in a car accident 1 year ago. I was hit by a hydoplaned driver which then caused my car to flip. I have been having RLQ pain ever since. I have been to so many doctors and have had all these tests and they cant determine what it is.

1 Comment on this article

  • Dr. Chris February 21, 2011

    This is difficult to comment on because all the doctors you have visited would have considered common injuries like a hip fracture, inflammation or rupture of any internal organ and so on. This may be muscular in origin or could be related to the lumbar spine (referred pain). Since no abnormalities have been detected and there are no other symptoms, you should consider seeing a medical specialist like a neurologist and eventually and orthopedic specialist. Often long term pain after trauma with no other symptoms is related to neurological or musculoskeletal conditions which may be missed by common diagnostic procedures. Speak to your family doctor about a referral to these specialists.


Add a comment