Teenage Health1 Comment

default thumbnail

about half a finger in, there’s a little ridge of skin (feels kind of like the shape of a half moon) at the top of my vagina. i’m not sure if that’s it. i looked at picture and peoples’ hymen seemed to be visible if someone looked down there. i checked with a mirror and i didn’t see anything. i used to dance for 9 years, so i heard it could break then. do you think i still have it? how can i check? i’m a virgin btw, if that helps.

1 Comment on this article

  • Dr. Chris August 17, 2011

    This matter needs to be attended to by a doctor, preferably a gynecologist. While there are several methods to confirm an intact hymen, this is best done by a medical professional. Often amateur attempts to do so leads to incorrect findings. Remember that your hymen is not a conclusive indication of your virginity and this is a common misconception. Many physical activities including dancing can contribute to a tear without any sexual activity. Your doctor/gynecologist will be able to advise you further.


Add a comment