Mouth and Dental Health1 Comment

default thumbnail

What doctor should I see for a problem with excessive saliva
I’m now 39yrs old and has had the problem of exessive saliva in my mouth from about the age of 13. My mouth contiously fills with saliva especially after eating candy, juices or anything sweet. I would like to find out if this problem can be corrected, because it’s becoming a nuisance. What type of Dr. should I consult with for this issue.

1 Comment on this article

  • Dr. Chris July 22, 2011

    You may want to consult with an otolaryngologist (ear, nose throat/ENT specialist). This discipline includes the study of disorders of the mouth, with other medical professionals focusing on more specific aspects of the mouth and head. It is advisable that you first speak to your family doctor and consider a referral to medical specialist. In this way your case history and pertinent points relating to your current condition, that you may not be aware of, can be communicated to the other doctor.

    You can read more on excessive salivation in this article :


Add a comment